Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BEDA #6: What a Wonderful day to Become an "Adult"

So it's my 18th Birthday today, and let me just say it has been splendid!  I guess the greatness started while I was asleep.  I had a wonderful dream in which I legally bought cold medicine, and a giraffe print snuggie.  Great first thoughts of the day?  I think so.  I also got to have dinner with my older sister to celebrate our birthdays together (hers is the 11th April). Then one of my best friends, Emily, brought an entire red velvet cake with chocolate icing (complete with candles) to church tonight because she knew it was my favorite.  Oh how I love that girl.  She is so sweet.

Then, later tonight, at Bible study tonight five of us nearly finished that cake right off.  We ate a solid half of it.  Because we eat like men.  I absolutely love going to Bible study.  The leaders, Megan and Haley, are so fantastic.   They're hilarious, wonderful, and genuinely love God.  Honestly it is one of the highlights of my week, every week.  This week we are going to begin studying Hosea.  I'm really excited to start this book.  

This first day of being 18 really has been wonderful.  I cannot wait to see what this year will bring and what God uses me to do.

Cupcake count: 2
Slices of Cake: 2 (but really they were equivalent to about 5 small peices)

No comments:

Post a Comment