Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BEDA #26: Oh The People (And Creatures) I Wish I Could Meet

I wish I was a hobbit.  Or at least that I knew one.  The way Tolkien describes them makes me want to find one and sit down and have a chat.  I deeply wish that these little creatures were real.  They just seem so endearing and fantastic.  I think that most of all I should like to meet Bilbo, Pippin and Merry.  They have always been my favorite of the hobbits introduced in LOTR.  Don't get me wrong, Sam and Frodo are great too, but I just feel that the other three would be more interesting to talk with.  Especially Bilbo with all his adventures and tales to tell, and I think that Pippin and Merry would be fantastic for a laugh.  Why couldn't I have been born in Middle Earth?

I would also love to meet the Weasleys, Arthur and Molly especially.  The Weasleys are my favorite characters in the whole HP series.  Well except Percy, of course. He's just a prude.  But to spend a day with Fred and George, or Charlie, or Arthur and Molly would be truly fantastic.  I can just imagine how my sides would ache after a day laughing with the twins.  And to hear of the places and things Charlie go to do with dragons would be thrilling.  I would love to discuss the functions of silly muggle trinkets with Arthur and hear stories of the trouble the children got themselves into from Molly.  JK Rowling sure did something right with the Weasley family.  That is until she killed of Fred.  I don't think I'll ever forgive her for that.

Now as for Narnia, I would like to meet Aslan, Mr. Tumnus, and Edmund.  Aslan really because he is just Aslan.  I mean seriously he is freaking amazing!  I feel like the conversations with him would be truly remarkable and always satisfying.  Mr. Tumnus has always been one of my favorite characters.  I would like to have tea with him and hear him play his flute.  I feel like he is the kind of friend that everyone should have.  Edmund has always been a favorite of mine as well.  The way he was redeemed and truly changed after the mistake he made is remarkable.

I wish I could visit these realms and magical places, but I guess that's what books and imagination are for.  So until I can visit I will just read about them.

Days till Israel: 39

PS I just found out today that I got into the nursing program at the school I am attending in the fall!!!  I have been waiting for forever to hear back and could not be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment