Monday, April 25, 2011

BEDA #25: 40 Days

Today I wasted gas.  This morning I left the house as usual for physics  only to get a call when I was about halfway there telling me that it was canceled.  Then later tonight I got all the way to church for band rehearsal only to find Aaron walking out of the building, guitar case in hand.  I rolled down my window and it seemed that we were the only ones to not get the message that rehearsal was canceled.  So I made my way back home and decided to do something productive with my time, namely play Lego Harry Potter on the Wii.

When mom got home I read some of The Hobbit to her as she sorted laundry and tidied up a room.  I do like reading aloud and will probably be doing it with increased frequency these next forty days.  I say this because today marks forty days until I get to got to Israel this summer.  I decided to give up TV and movies as sort of a lent type thing in the forty days leading up to it.  My mom is giving up soda for this time.  Let me just tell you today has been pretty tough.  All day I've been wanting to watch something, it's probably mostly just because I have resolved not to.  It's going to be tough, but I know I can do it.  So here goes nothing.

I think I will end today with some more of The Hobbit and then if I finish that I'll move on to No Limits, by Michael Phelps, which I found in my sisters room when browsing her bookshelf.  I'm not infatuated with him, I mean he is a phenomenal athlete, but I'm not a screaming fan girl, I just thought it looked interesting. Now when it comes to JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Winston Churchill, I go into major screaming fangirl mode.  I really just can't help myself.  They make me giddy.

And there I will leave this little blog for today.  Perhaps I will go more into my love for those three men tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment