Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Whirlwind Evening

Tonight was quite a whirlwind.  I went out with a few friends to celebrate one of their birthdays and it turned into quite an adventure.  Our original plan was dinner and a play.  However before we got to dinner we got lost.  We took quite a few wrong turns, got stuck in five o'clock traffic going the wrong way, and were the subjects of much honking and hand gestures before we reached our destination.

After a delicious dinner filled with laughter it was time to see our play.  Originally we were supposed to be seeing Pride and Prejudice but upon arriving at the box office we were informed that it was sold out.  So instead we saw a one man play, my first in fact.  However to say it was a play is not quite accurate.  It was more of an extremely elaborate and dramatic storytelling of the epic of Beowulf.  At first I was a bit skeptical and turned off to the idea of a one man play, but I can honestly say that it was a fantastic experience. 

So that was my night.  Stress, hilarity, disappointment, and finally enthrallment.  Sometimes I couldn't be more thrilled than when some plans fall through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment